Have you ever thought of why girls spend so much time and money just for dressing up? A few weeks ago, a friend asked me why girls seem born for fashion. This made me realize that there are still people who do not know the importance of fashion. I simply told her we dress well not to impress people, but to boost our self-confidence.
That question from my friend got me thinking about writing this article. All I know is that fashion has a big impact in my life and it shouldn’t be taken for granted.
So why dress up? Here are 15 good reasons:
1. Because you’re only young once. You’re gorgeous and fabulous now, so why wait to get older? Take advantage of that beauty in you and show off how trendy you can be.
2. Fashion is undeniably a method of self-explanation. What are you trying to say?
3. Because you’ll never know who you’ll bump into. As they say, dress up like you’re meeting up with an enemy!
4. Because unique and cute clothes are good conversation starters. This happens in various social occasions, and even in office events. Talking about fashion is a cause for small talk that sparks good will.
5. Because if you got that great style, killer confidence just comes along.
6. Because glam isn’t only reserved for the rich and famous.
7. Because nothing beats the feeling of looking at the mirror and seeing your put-together self.
8. Because fashion is also a test of confidence. It helps you mold your personality into how you can handle yourself better.
9. Because it’s pretty fun! Mixing and matching is like playing, only, it’s not dressing up dolls anymore. It’s grown-up play.
10. Because parties aren’t the only times to dress to impress.
11. Because you’ll never improve your sense of style if you keep on sticking to the boring clothes you have.
12. Because life’s too short to wear boring clothes.
13. Because fashion is also a form of art. You can show your creative artistic through the clothes you wear on your back. More so, if you can design your own clothes.
14. Because as they say, “Carrie Bradshaw would not approve of your sweatpants and UGG boots”. Come on, you know you can do better than that, darling.
15. Most of all, the best reason I can think of is this: we deserve to look our best at all times.
I think the biggest misconception is that the act of dressing up is petty, shallow. But I believe we should work on our inner beauty as much as our outer one. The two things should say the same thing. This 2015, start the year right by jotting this down on your New Year’s resolutions list: I will dress up better because I deserve to be at my best, at all times.
What are the other reasons you can think of? Simply comment below. We’d love to hear from you! — The POC team