On Saturday, June 21, 2014, the Alliance Française de Manille (AFM), the Department of Tourism (DOT), Intramuros Administration, the Embassy of France to the Philippines in partnership with B-Side Productions and Viva Manila present the 20th anniversary of Fête de la musique in Metro Manila.
On June 20th, there will be a Fête Kick-Off Party at Baluarte de SanDiego in Intramuros at 8pm featuring French, Filipino, and Indian artists: DJ M.MAT, SinIndia, Caliph 8 and Kate Torralba.
For the first time in 20 years, Fête de la musique will be celebrated simultaneously on the 3 main stages across 2 cities and 19 pocket stages, all free of cover charge as always. The main stages will be at A-Venue Parking Lot on Makati Avenue, Greenbelt 3 Park and Maestranza Plaza in Intramuros. The extension in Intramuros, one of Metro Manila’s richest historical sites, is made possible through the new partnership with the Department of Tourism, Intramuros Administration and Viva Manila.
Fête de la Musique aims to showcase the breadth and depth of Filipino talent while promoting universal values such as freedom, cultural diversity as well as generosity, as most of the artists are performing for free. The spirit of Fête also promotes brotherhood among nations and the joy to share together the same passion for music, art and culture.
From 3.30PM to 1:30AM, over 200 local acts and 2 French artists (M.MAT and DJ Jon Attend) will rock the main and pocket stages all over Makati, Intramuros and Malate. Fête de la musique 2014 will feature Tropical Depression with Lolita Carbon of Asin, Kalayo with Joey Ayala, Radioactive Sago Project with Kat Agarrado of SinoSikat, Basti Artadi with Radha, Motherbass with June Marieezy, Imago, Pedicab, Barbie Almalbis, Cocojam, Kjwan, Taken by Cars, Flippin’ Soul Stompers, Brigada, Miss Badkiss, Caliph8, Red-I, Philippine All-Stars, just to name a few.
Independently organized pocket stages around Makati, Intramuros and Malate will be located near the main stages for people to freely jump from one venue to another. They are as follows:
- Acoustic Stage & Fete Throwback Photo Exhibit by Li Perez + Generic Mawmaw at A_Space
- Chillout Stage by Radar MNL at Buddha Bar
- Rock/Reggae/Ska Stage by Chronic Wheeze & FoolMoon Productions at B-Side
- House Party Stage by Personal Space + Durrty Hotdog + Riot House at Black Market & Finders Keepers
- World Stage by Luna Fest & Musikeraw at Café Curieux
- Latin Stage at Chihuahua; Blues, Soul & Funk Stage by MamboRat Productions at H&J
- Hip-hop & RnB Stage by Boogie Down Manila at M Café
- Cabaret Stage by PI Jazz Festival Foundation at Murphy’s Pub
- Mod Stage by MOD Philippines + Ava Prime at Society Lounge
- Jazz Stage by PI Jazz Festival Foundation hosted by Sandra Lim-Viray at Bayleaf Lounge, St Giles Hotel
- Electronica Stage by Nomad Massive at Time in Manila
- Indie Stage by NDFY@12 Monkeys in Century City Mall
- Alternative Rock Stage by Red Ninja at Sazi’s Kalye Nakpil
- Experimental Hip-hop by BuwanBuwan Colletive at Eat Café, V Hotel
- Spoken Word Stage by Speak Philippines at Sev’s Café
- Bass Beats Breaks Stage by Torta Manila at Heaven Malate
- Nouveau Jazz Stage by PI Jazz Festival Foundation at Lyceum University of the Philippines